The Good, The Bad, and The Retirement?

 https://collider.com/clint-eastwood-directing-final-film/?newsletter_popup=1

    

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tcm.com%2Ftcmdb%2Fperson%2F55386%257C33326%2FClint-Eastwood%2F&psig=AOvVaw0P2ekmjGJU8wdZ0-QzI6IA&ust=1680320414565000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBEQjhxqFwoTCLiNhr2fhf4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAm

    Love him or hate him, Clint Eastwood is undeniably a Hollywood icon who has built a legendary career for himself. Whether behind the camera or in front of it, Eastwood has delivered some of pop culture's most recognizable performances. 

    To me, it seems like Clint Eastwood is almost on the same level as Chuck Norris, with this aura around him that makes me think that nothing could ever take this man down. One word to describe Eastwood? Gritty. 

    Despite Eastwood being 92 years old, I was still surprised to read an article titled, "Clint Eastwood Sets Final Film of His Career at Warner Bros." The article explains that after being involved in 50 films over 6 decades and winning 4 Oscars, Eastwood is planning on an upcoming film to be his final. 

    There is speculation that it isn't even his age that has compelled him to suggest the retirement but rather the strained relationship between him and a new CEO of Warner Bros., David Zaslav. But, I think it's more likely related to his above average age. 

    The working title of the new movie is rumored to be "Juror #2" which is supposed to be a thriller about a Juror during a murder trial that may have been the real murderer and must decide whether to lie to the other jurors or confess to the murder. Of course, this information is still based on assumptions and rumors. 

    I think an announced retirement is most fitting for the icon that is Clint Eastwood. Rather than just making movies endlessly until he simply can't, I think a real retirement will allow fans to give him the praise for his career that he deserves.

    I'm not the biggest Eastwood fan of all time but I enjoy his films every once in a while and there is no denying his influence. He is literally a living legend...and he's not done quite yet.


Comments

  1. It is amazing how long Eastwood has worked in the industry and has remained a household name throughout his career. To be honest, I am more worried about his health, especially at his age, in taking on another movie. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never seen any of his movies but I’ve definitely heard his name. Maybe I should watch one after reading this about his influence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to put my name. This comment ^ is from Livvie Campbell

      Delete
  3. I believe I have only seen a few of his movies, but I know the iconic name! Anyone and everyone should know the Eastwood name! From the 92 year old Clint to his as well talented son Scott Eastwood. The Eastwood name remains and will continue to remain a legendary name!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts